Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How do you develop advanced unqualified pitch?

I am a musician and I have actual pitch. I can recognize any register with no quotation tone. I can recognize any "tonal" or extended chord (ex. V13, ii13, etc). When the chord is "atonal", I usually can with the sole purpose recognize the root and the top make a note of - I have trouble recognize the inner notes contained by "atonal" chords when listening. Also, I do not know how to "measure" the distance between log (such as: "That C# is 40 cents flat".) I would know that it is a C# that is flat, but would not know how to name the amount. Please donate suggestions that would help me to increase my absolute pitch. About recognize the inner notes, I don't know of any tricks except you-know-what (begins with p). On the how various cents question, can you mentally or if truth be told hum the true note, next the bad facts, then verbs with impossible to tell apart interval to the next semitone? (I don't hold that resolution myself, but perhaps you do.) Then you've gone 100 cents surrounded by however many steps you took and can do the math. Or if it's too big an error you can do the equal steps to cover 2 or more semitones and do that math (number of steps/number of cents).
When I googled "rising absolute pitch" I saw any number of offer for downloadable training methods. Also the ref. brings up an interesting point about speakers of tonal language (like Vietnamese and Mandarin) and their absolute pitch ability, suggesting that the skill may not be simply inborn and untrainable. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment